Inflation Reduction Act
Here’s why Ebensburg, PA property owners should care about the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022.
It’s an opportunity.
Signed into law in August 2022, the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) provides tax credits and rebates to encourage Pennsylvania homeowners to replace older appliances with high-efficiency equipment that does a better job at a lower operating cost.
How to Take Advantage of the Inflation Reduction Act
Link Service Heating & Cooling can help pinpoint areas in your home or business where you can save money and reduce your carbon footprint, allowing you to use the best tax credits and rebates.
HVAC Tax Credits Homeowners Can Claim
Projects installed between January 1, 2023, and 2032 quality for a 30 percent tax credit:
- Air Conditioners—Tax credit capped at $600
- Heat Pumps—Tax credit capped at $2,000
- Furnaces and Boilers—Tax Credit capped at $600
Here is a closer look at HVAC products and eligibility requirements:
- All ducted air-source heat pumps with the ENERGY STAR® label qualify.
- Split air conditioner systems must have a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating (SEER2) of 16 or more. All packaged systems with ENERGY STAR certification are eligible.
- Gas furnaces must have an annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE) rating of at least 97 percent.
- Gas boilers with an AFUE of at least 95 percent qualify.
- Oil-fueled boilers and furnaces must be capable of using fuel blends.
Buy Now and Save for your Pennsylvania Home
Upfront costs are typically the biggest obstacle to upgrading your heating and cooling system. The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 overcomes that barrier. Call Link Service Heating & Cooling at 814-204-3079 to learn more today.